I’d like to say a huge thank you to my publisher and editor from Sideways Books, Liz Pelletier, who came up with the original idea for The Wall, back in 2016. Thanks Liz!
Set in an uncomfortably familiar future…
We built a wall to keep the dangers of the world out…but was it actually meant to keep us in?
Your every word is monitored. Your every movement watched.
If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
And if you stay within the wall, the Loyalist Party will protect you.
Gideon Frome knows that safety is an illusion. Ten years ago, his perfect life was shattered, and he left Washington DC in disgrace, sentenced to serve on The Wall. He may be back, lauded as a hero, but he knows he’s only traded one prison for another, assigned a position to the infamous Secret Service.
Kate Buchanan uses her illegal predictive engine to monitor the “chatter,” flagging perceived threats to America. When the program suggests that nuclear war is imminent, and people around her start to die, Kate can no longer hide. She needs help, and it comes from the most unlikely place—Gideon Frome, a ghost from her past.
The American people thought they were safe, but it’s becoming shockingly clear that the price of safety is too high. And somehow, together, Kate and Gideon must tear down the walls that keep their country a prisoner.
- “…this is a disturbing and frightening read. Some of the elements in this book come scarily close to things we see happening now and in the past.”
- “The story is both horrifying and exquisitely rendered, and forces the reader to reflect, not only in a hypothetical way but also in a very factual and realistic manner, because let us be very real, it could happen at any time.”
- “A wonderful, eerie, haunting and inspirational story that stays in the mind long after the last chapter is done.”
- “The author was masterful in creating a world that is eerily close to what is and may happen in our future.”
- A political thriller that hits close to reality… I had not expected such a riveting story with powerful ideas and emotions.”
- Publisher: Sideways Books
- Editor: Elizabeth Pelletier and Heather Howland
- Available in: ebook and print
- ISBN: 9781640636712
- Published: August 17, 2020
- Price: $4.99